Monday 14 July 2014

Weekend getaway to Cornwall

I spent the weekend down in Cornwall with a few friends. The reason being that one of them happens to own a VW camper. The obvious thing to do when in possession of such a vehicle is to head south-west, and so on friday night we did just that.

I saw it as a great opportunity to get some valuable training done in a fresh and exciting environment. Managed to bang out another couple of marathons back-to-back which is great news. My current summer marathon tally stands at nine, and if I can avoid illness/injury I will have run thirteen before the start of the race. I now know at least that I can do two marathons in a row and not feel too grim afterwards, which is vital seeing as though in a month i'll be halfway through the event having run three on the bounce. Scary stuff.

I'm kind of hoping that the excitement of being in Iceland and being involved in such an event will carry me over the line. There is no doubt that there will come a point where my body is screaming NO and I'll have to politely ignore it and run it into the ground. Once this is over I certainly won't be running these distances for a considerable amount of time.

Instead of writing about how my runs went over the weekend, and since I am drifting through various states of perpetual tiredness, I've decided instead to throw up a few photos courtesy of my trusty GoPro.

As always, thanks for all the support. I sure appreciate it and I know for a fact that a large number of kids in Kibera do too. Donations have a very real and positive effect on their lives and aspirations so please keep giving and spreading the word!

https://www.justgiving.com/fireandicekibera/

Here are a selection of pictures from my runs in Cornwall...






No comments:

Post a Comment