Sunday 1 June 2014

First marathon of the summer...



Uni is out for the summer and I have moved up to London for the summer with an internship at myClinicalOutcomes to keep me busy when I'm not training. Weekends will most definitely be spent outside of the big smoke to give my lungs a break and to get some real mileage into my legs.



On Friday I ran my first training marathon. 26 miles from home to Canterbury. There was a county T20 cricket match (Kent vs. Gloucestershire) which we had tickets for and a great way to celebrate my first significant training milestone. The match was set to start at 7pm so it was decided that I set off around 12pm to account for any problems that might arise on my way in. Kara (sister) decided fairly last minute that she would very kindly run with me for the first half of the run. Expecting to be my running buddy for 13-14 miles she ended up staying with me for 17 before we looked a how far we had gone.



I then dropped her off at Chilham train station and finished the last leg solo. At around mile 20 my legs started to get a bit heavy but just about managed to make it to the end in one piece, all of the training since January is appearing to pay off which is a good sign!



Started to stiffen up while watching the cricket but it was a really good way to end a tough day of training.

Every weekend from now until D-Day I'll be running at least one marathon, I should be able to update this blog a bit more regularly now that I'm not pinned down by exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment